Thursday, November 2, 2006

Chewy's Movie Review #1 - The Departed

COMMENT: One of the worst endings to a movie ever!
MOOD: Frustrated
RATING: 2/10

The Departed (2006) - I was very excited to go and see this film. It has a great cast. It was directed by the same man who brought us Goodfellas (probably my favorite mob movie of all time btw!). The previews looked amazing. Unfortunately you will only walk away from this movie VERY disappointed! For the first good while I was excited. It started slow and then grew very interesting by the mid mark. I was thinking that it was going to be a great movie. But all of the buildup goes absolutely nowhere by the end of this film! It has one of the WORST endings I have ever seen! Talk about a total anticlimatic joykill! I should have been somewhat forewarned with Scorcsese's recent track record. His last several movies have been pretty crappy as well. I however, love a good crime drama and after seeing the previews and reading all of the amazing reviews I felt that I had to go see this. I mean are all of the critics today on crack or what? Anyway, don't waste your money on the theater and don't bother renting this.

Check out Chewy's Movie Blog here

No comments: