Friday, September 8, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

I know this is about a week late, almost. But its been a little hectic getting back into the groove of things. And this place just *cant* seem to run without me for too long...

Anyways, the weekend was totally awesome. I was nervous bringing The Boy (aka Chewbacca) to meet my friends because I very much seperate different aspects of my life. And because its hard to streamline a new person into a community which he has no experience with, and only knows by reputation - not to mention that my friends ALSO only know him by reputation, and things have been, well, rocky, so it was understandably an anxious time for me.

But having said that - it was all good. Sunday we had a rocking party and a lot of fun (can you believe i actually drank alcohol and got drunk???) And my friends were warm, welcoming and really cool.

Chewy and I went to Atlanta for Shabbat (sabbath) and I have close friends there who are religious. Again, pleasant surprise for me because I wasnt antsy or restless, it was just so nice to spend time with them and relax (they have the best beds i have ever slept on in my life!) and i picked up some artwork in the process. Then we drove up on Sunday to Nashvegas and the fun began!

Chewy really enjoyed the city and wants to come back already and see more (like the JD distillary and the Honkey Tonks). It was nice for me, to come back to the one place in America that feels like Home to me. Though of course things have changed, no more upstairs neighbors to rely on :-)

Missing you already, Nashville.

No comments: