Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blahs....

I’ve been feeling sickly for a few days.

Nothing really specific, a general malaise, and some stomach issues. Have you noticed that I get stomach issues around holidays when I have been stressing myself out? I didn’t think you noticed that pattern, I sure didn’t. *smile*

There are a lot of exciting things to look forward to: tomorrow’s Yankee Game (box seats in the Loge section), Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert and Big & Rich Concert. Plus a friend’s gallery opening in Pennsylvania exhibiting her sculptures (I will miss the opening, but will see the exhibit).

But I have to get rid of these blahs. My stomach has been upset, I have a headache and I’m generally tired. Too much partying, huh?

Yeah. Right.

I have also been feeling really unmotivated at work. I can’t seem to muster up that caring I used to have about my job and the tasks I needed to complete. I’m in a general funk about it. I am not challenged and that always spells trouble - and the death of a job for me.

So, in theory, I’m looking for a new job. But I am also kind of at a loss so I haven’t really started looking yet. I need to earn more money. Besides that, I am not sure what the criteria are for this job search and that’s baffling me. You’d think I have a great earning power with a Masters Degree - but I really don’t - unless I go into the field of International Relations - which I have no experience in so I probably only qualify for an entry-level position anyways.... so there you have it, even in the field of my degree I’m not able to earn anything really significant.

That sucks.

I’m not really complaining. I’m explaining my thoughts about where I am at and what I have to do, and expressing my stymied state in some of this. But I’m not really complaining. I’m just in a funk. And feeling kind of yukky.

Blah...

No comments: