Thursday, August 10, 2006

WICKEDNESS!!!!! *grin*

Tonight I am going to see Wicked - I am SO EXCITED!! I can't wait for this day to be over so I can go into the city to see WICKED! What a WICKED time I will have! HAHAHAHA!

Ok - I have been offline for a few weeks - things have been hectic and confusing. So let me do the best I can to catch you up.

1. Golden Birthday Project was WONDERFUL! Thank you all for your participation! All in all, I received 62 postcards from all over the USA, the caribbean, italy, england, israel, china, australia - so far. I dont have the literal breakdown of states, but the South was well-represented!

2. I am NOT - repeat, NOT going to Law School. I declined their invitation. I know I told you that briefly on July 28th - but I didnt have a chance to explain it. Basically it came down to timing and money. I dont want to spend 4 years in school, then another 4 years trying to pay off the loans (about $150k) - I want to get back to my country, and the restlessness is growing. So I am now on a 2 year plan. I want back in the Middle East in 2 years, and my academics will have to fit into that timeline. (ok, i can stretch it by 6 months, but thats it!)

Working in a Law Firm, I am of course getting lots of disappointment and flak for my decision, though I know deep in the silences of my heart that it is correct, its a little wearying to face the questions and cajoling all the time. I know I'd have been good, that was not my worry, as i said, its all about timing and money.

3. The escalation in Israel is making me very restless and anxious. Being a warrior and watching a war from 6000 miles away is trying. Even though I know theres nothing I could do if i were there, my soul is itching to breathe the air, smell the sweetness of the land, and join my brothers and sisters in these trying times. i am having a hard time with the restlessness, its affecting my sleep and my general overall mood.

No comments: