Thursday, July 6, 2006

Deep thinking, but no deep thoughts

Things have a way of moving at their own pace. And much as I would like to speed them up, or slow them down, they all seem to continue to move at their comfortable pace in spite of, or perhaps despite, my efforts to change them.

Recently I have also noticed that life is very cyclical. Events seem to re-occur, never in the same detail, but symbolicaly similar one to the other. And I sometimes feel a weird sense of deja vu about the whole business. I would like to think I grow from experiences, and perhaps it is that growth which changes my perceptions the next time around....

Have you ever felt that there came a point in your life where everyone you ever met reminded you of someone you already know? I really believe that God had a certain number of templates for both looks, and personalities, and he just mixes them up - but if you meet enough people, then you already know All People because after a while, everyone reminds you of everyone else.

No comments: