Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Creeping Tendrils to the Outside

So if I am a nature lover, and I connect to the earth, air, sky and water in a spiritual way, then what the Hell am I doing inside all day in this office without even the smallest breath of fresh air?!

Youd think I'd take up smoking just for the chance to have a valid excuse to get out of the office for one minute every little while.... do you think you can have "deep breathing breaks" insted of "smoking breaks"? Somehow I dont think it is the same thing.

I remember as kids where we could run around all the time laughing and falling on the ground and rolling in the grass and basically enjoying our surroundings. And for some reason, we were told that it is childish to behave that way and we need to grow up.

I think a lot more creativity would come to the world if everyone worked outdoors, with their shoes and socks off, on the grass. Imagine how much more we could accomplish if everyone actually made contact with the earth, let her energies flow through their body, and actually relaxed a little during the day.

I think I'd love to be in the sunshine, the wind blowing my hair, the ground under my bare feet - I am positive it would be a conducive work environment for me.

Instead, I am stuck in this office, with no environment - its bloody hot in here, and I havent breathed sweet air all day.

....and this is the grown-up thing to do?!?

No comments: