Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Final Farewell.....

It’s weird to end a month long drought of non writing with a whole post about Death.

But, in a move too obvious to ignore, Death has claimed three of my friends now, in the past few months, one yesterday, one 10 days ago, and one at the end of June. I really don’t want to write obituaries. And people like Wendy and Mitch are just TOO impossible to know on paper, you had to know them. And those of you who didn’t, well, you’re just missing out.

Dean’s passing yesterday was sudden and shocking. He had been feeling poorly and Cathie finally convinced him to go to the doctor, who scheduled valve replacement surgery. Before that could start though, Dean passed out at home one evening, and was rushed to the hospital. He had a fever, respirator, IV and sedation for over a week while they tried to battle his body to get to a place where they could do surgery. They even did a tracheotomy to help him breathe. It seemed things were getting better. Then he died.

It is shocking enough for me. I am sure Cathie is going through much more grief and pain and shock. My heart absolutely aches for her.

I always say that I miss being alone. But this has made me realize that there’s alone, and there is ALL ALONE. It makes me want to give Chewy a great big hug in gratitude.
Thanks for being there, Furface

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always baby! always.